Stinar Zendejas & Gaithe, PLLC is committed to the privacy of every client. We recognize clients entrust important personal information to us, and we take seriously our responsibility to protect and safeguard that information. Our long-standing privacy policies and practices are described below.
Nonpublic Personal Information We Collect
Personal information that we collect relating to clients will vary with the purpose and scope of our representation. When we advise a client on personal financial matters, the information we collect will include:
- Information that a client has provided to us;
- Information about our client or the client’s transactions with others, provided by others whom our client has requested or authorized us to contact; and
- Information about our relationship with and our services to our client.
Information We Might Disclose
As attorneys, we adhere to our professional duty to keep confidential all nonpublic personal information relating to a client’s representation. We do not disclose personal information about any current or former client, except as required or permitted by law. We may disclose personal information if it is necessary to carry out, administer or enforce a transaction that our client has requested or authorized us to perform. In that connection, we may make such disclosures to:
- Our employees or agents who are assisting us in serving our client;
- At our client’s direction or with his or her consent, the client’s financial service provider, such as the client’s accountant, investment advisor, insurance agent, or the financial institution that our client has designated as trustee of a living trust;
- Any person whom we jointly represent with our client. If our client and spouse have both requested estate planning services from us, we regard our representation of husband and wife as joint and may share information provided by one with the other, unless otherwise agreed upon; and
- Any other person or entity to whom our client has authorized our making a disclosure, or to whom disclosure is required by law or applicable rules of procedure.
How We Protect the Security and Confidentiality of Client Information
Stinar Zendejas & Gaithe,PLLC retains records related to our professional services, accessible to our staff, to assist us in effectively representing you and, in some cases, to administer our business or to comply with professional standards. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards for your personal information that comply with our professional standards. If you have further questions regarding the confidentiality of your personal information, please contact Stinar Zendejas & Gaithe, PLLC.